Critique and Advice Night Series
(Beatrice Wood will not be attending these events.)
7 – 9pm
This series will attempt to address two (sometimes overlapping) requests from our PS artists: feedback on your work and advice.
For those of you scarred by brutal art class critiques, we’re not necessarily looking to do that here; you can set the parameters for the sort of critique/feedback/advice you're looking for.
• "Please tell me only wonderful things about my wonderful teapot."
• You've been working on handles but yours don't quite seem right and you can't figure out what's wrong with them. Get some advice.
• Your work is obviously great, because, well, you're just an incredible artist, right? That’s what your mom always told you. But maybe -- just maybe -- you're delusional. Your ex thinks so, but who cares? So does your therapist. Damn, what if they're right??? Find out.
• You have a favorite bowl by Jenny Mendes and you just can’t figure out how she did the surface. Bring your bowl and get some ideas.
• "Please tell me only bad things about my crappy teapot."
We’ll see how many people show up and then we can decide if we’ll need more than one group/table. We’ll hold our event in the Flex Space. Snacks and beverages welcome. Hope you can make it!
Hosted by our studio director, James Whiting
For more information email: email@example.com
The Potters’ Studio 1221 8th Street, Berkeley, CA 94710 (510) 528-3286